16 July 2009

Attention

ask her.
do it.
it doesn't take very long, you don't even have to think about it.

notice.
pay attention...why isn't there attention?

the world's slowly crashing
the sky is falling...
ask her.

don't assume she has shelter.
ask her.

does it take courage?
then i wish for you strength...

she needs it, hurry

ask her:
"how are you feeling?
do things feel heavy today?
can i hold you and help you through the chaos?"

break the silence
break the cycles

ask her.
attention...why isn't there attention?

2 comments:

  1. I respond to your call:

    Attention: focus.
    Attention: stand rigidly.
    Attention: look at me.
    Attention: I listen to you.

    Focus on me
    As I stand rigidly
    Listening to you.

    The ice in your eyes
    Freezes me
    As I focus on
    Understanding your hurt.

    Why didn't I pay you
    More attention?

    by Chris Mcclure

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful response. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete