08 April 2009

"We're all friends here..."

Do you remember when the kid across from you in grade 1 was your best friend because s/he liked the same colour marker as you and waited for you at recess?

I miss the simplicity of that adoration.

How did we get so complicated?

We're all friends here...right?

3 comments:

  1. I remember that kid...I was also that kid...

    That simplicity is masked as we wonder about the true intentions of the kid...or friend.

    I will wait for you at recess...

    ReplyDelete
  2. To step out of this world and see that of a child so clearly then to step back and share is a gift not many have. You choose to observe the best qualities and share them - this optimism gives your readers strength...

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you...to both... you have reminded me of the compassion that exists ..in this space as well as outside of it

    ReplyDelete